Steps for changing a light bulb:
- If the old light bulb is hot, wait until it cools off.
- Unscrew the old light bulb.
- Look on the old light bulb to see what wattage it is.
- See if you have any new light bulbs with that same wattage.
- If not, buy some and wait until you have it before moving on to the next step. OR Use a new light bulb that you already have.
- Screw in the new light bulb.
- Throw away the old light bulb.
(This is from memory of several years ago. Is this process different now? Are light bulbs different now? I’ll leave that question for another time.)