So what am I gonna do on Christmas? That's easy! I'm going to link to Setting The World To Rights.
Why, you ask? Well, to anyone who doesn't already read it, you can take this as a great gift. (A Christmas gift, even.) The site is simply fantastic, and now you shall enjoy it too.
What, you ask, is so special about The World? Well unlike most blogs, there are not glaring gaps in The World's understanding of the world. Obviously all left-wing blogs don't get something or other, but the right-wing ones mess up too. They commonly oppose contraception or abortion, endorse ageism, endorse anthropomorphism, take an anti-rational approach to the question of religion, appeal to authority, or commit various other errors on issues that are understood by many people today. The World doesn't do any of this. It gets all these issues right, and many more.
Here are a few recent posts:
- The World invents amusing conspiracy theories -- why should the loonies have all the fun?
- The World understands environmentalism.
- The World understands the difference between animals and humans.
- The World understands political correctness.
- The World understands the history of Israel. (And also supports Israel, but not in the history, which is written without moral judgment.)
Oh yeah, one more thing. I comment at The World, and you wouldn't want to miss out on that ;-)