I (and other members of the Fallible Ideas community) have been subjected to severe harassment over the last 2.5 years, including illegal actions like DDoSing and threatening IRL harm. The harassment includes hundreds of comments from over 100 IP addresses and over 20 false identities (some maintained for months). It’s coming from the CritRat community led by David Deutsch (DD), who used to be my mentor and colleague. They’ve said they’re harassing because they see me as DD’s enemy. DD left our community (after years of participation) and formed a new community (CritRat) which is harassing his former community which he has a grudge against. When asked to request that his fans stop harassing, DD not only refused but lied to attack me, which encourages further harassment (in my understanding, that lie is illegal: libel and defamation).
I’m writing a series of posts to explain what’s going on, including what harassment happened, what the evidence is, and why I place blame on Deutsch. I’m doing this publicly because Deutsch and his associates have refused to discuss it privately. They’ve also refused to say they are opposed to harassment or that they want the culprits to stop. Many of them are publicly friendly with the biggest harasser, Andy B.
- Deutsch Lied about Me
- David Deutsch’s Gossip and Harassment Leadership
- Deutsch Tweets with my Cyberstalker and Harasser, Andy B
- Deutsch's Responsibility for Harassment (infographic)
- Deutsch's Denial
- Does Deutsch Know He's Lying?
- Beginning of Infinity Website Removed in Protest
- David Deutsch Megathread
- Andy B's Campaign of Harassment (lots of additional info in comments)
- Connections Between Deutsch’s Associates and Andy B
- Andy B Harassment Update (lots of additional info in comments)
- Friend Groups, Social Legitimacy, Abusers and No Contact Requests
- Sam Harris on Defamation; Comments on Deutsch and Others Defaming Me
- Reactions to Abuse Victims
- Harassment Update for September 2021
- Harassment Update for November 2021
- Harassment Update for May 2022
- Harassment Update for February 2023
David Deutsch Background Information & Context
- What Happened with Deutsch
- Deutsch’s Fear and Revulsion
- Deutsch’s Irrationality
- Deutsch Wants to Control Others and His Reputation
- Deutsch Retrospective Thoughts
- What Happened with the TCS Archives
- Deutsch’s Past Praise for Me
- Biases Deutsch Taught Me
- Deutsch and My “Talent”
- Deutsch and Lulie Tanett Violated Reasonable Expectations
- Was Deutsch Using Me to Help with BoI?
- Misquotes by Deutsch (DD isn't the great scholar people think he is)
- Deutsch and Sarah Fitz-Claridge Publish Misquotes
- David Deutsch Smears Ayn Rand
- Analysis of David Deutsch’s The Final Prejudice
- Video: Talking About David Deutsch and Andy B Harassment
- Lulie Tanett Defended Me
- Community Schism
- Community History
- Dennis Hackethal's Plagiarism (he’s a CritRat involved in libel and DDoSing)
- Logan Chipkin Trademark Problem (he's a CritRat)
- CritRats Are Obsessed with Me
- Callout Blog Posts Policy
- Harassment Sucks
- Sarah Fitz-Claridge Lied About Me
- Public curi.us Comments Disabled
The harassment problem has not ended. Nothing has been fixed so far. DD and others have not made any attempts to improve the situation. Comments on this website remain disabled due to the harassment problem. It's an active issue that is affecting my life on a daily basis.
I hope people who read this will ask DD and other CritRats to answer for this, and will bring up the issue to DD and his community. Please don't harass them, but do raise the issue, ask challenging questions, and share critical opinions.
I've shared a lot of information, but I know I can never completely cover everything people might want to know. I'm open to questions about these issues from people who are making a genuine effort to understand and who already read some of the articles. You can email me at [email protected] or post at my forum. And if any CritRat is willing to discuss the harassment problem, please email me (CritRats unwilling to discuss the problem should not contact me).